Visitor in this mission you are going to explore the first key Visual Element - LINE.
Follow along as guest instructor Gareth David discusses the Visual Element - LINE.
Visual Element - LINE
Lines can be used in a variety of ways in a layout: They help to organize information; They can direct your readers’ eye as to the organization of the layout; They can create a mood; And, they can rhythm and movement.
For example, lines can organize information on your page. A line can define the boundaries of your page. Vertical or horizontal lines can also be used to direct your readers from one piece of information to another. To create a mood, use a wavey line to give the piece a feeling of movement.
Lines in your artwork can:
- Convey a mood or an emotion.
- Organize the design.
- Establish columns of text.
- Create a texture.
- Create movement.
- Define shape.
- Call attention to a word.
- Connect pieces of information in your layout.
- Frame an image or a word.
To claim MASTERY for this Mission:
- Create a NEW POST. Title: Visual Element - Line Category: Design Theory.
- In your own words describe how lines are used as a visual design element.
- Create a NEW DOCUMENT in Adobe Illustrator and create a design that demonstrates LINE as a visual design element. BE CREATIVE!!!
- Don't forget to PUBLISH your post.
Line is just one of several visual elements used in design. Continue on to discover what other visual elements are used in design.